OMG THIS SONG Book Tag
Today I will be doing the OMG THIS SONG book tag created by katesbookdate! This tag consists of different prompts to fill out with a song, AND a book. Please check out her channel on YouTube here: katesbookdate
1. MY JAM - a song you MUST listen to every time it comes on, no matter how old or how many times you’ve listened to it / a book you’ll never get sick of
I will never get sick of the song Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time by Panic! At the Disco. And for the book, I will choose The Giver by Lois Lowry (my favorite book of all time).
2. THROWBACK - a song that reminds you of the cringest time of your life / a book that also reminds you of this time (or just something you wouldn’t like as much if you picked it up for the first time now)
The song Monster by Eminem and Rihanna reminds me of sixth grade, which was quite a cringey time if I do say so myself. A book that reminds me of this time as well is Divergent by Veronica Roth because I read it that year as well.
3. REPLAY - a recent song you have on repeat right now / a recent favorite book
Currently, I always have the song belong on by gnash. And a recent fave book for me would be The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon.
4. GETS ME - this song IS ME / this book is me in book form
The song that totally gets me is Grey by EXES. And the book that embodies me in book form is definitely Night of Cake & Puppets by Laini Taylor.
5. WUT - weird but I like it? – a unique book that stuck out to you for whatever reason
The song Love Robbery by Kalin and Miles is super weird but I always find myself listening to it. And for the book, I found the book Endgame by James Frey to be a very different read.
6. LET’S GO - best pump up song (for workouts or just life) – a book that inspired you
My favorite pump up song will always be Can't Hold Us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. And a book that inspired me was definitely Paper Towns by John Green. The uncertainty in this book really inspired me to think about what coincidence and fate truly are.
7. CHILL - fav chill, relaxing song / a book you’d curl up with and read on a rainy day
My favorite chill song is Roses by Mackenzie Bourg, and my favorite rainy day read is definitely Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo.
8. ADDICTING - guilty pleasure song – one that’s catchy and addicting but not a whole lot of substance / guilty pleasure/trashy/fast/light read
My guilty pleasure song is Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. And my favorite trashy YA book is Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.
9. NOSTALGIA - throwback you look back on fondly / a book you read forever ago that you look back on fondly or reminds you of a happy childhood time
Last, but not least, a song that brings back good memories is Fireflies by Owl City, and its book counterpart with this prompt, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle.
If you want to do this tag, please do! Just remember to give credit to the creator!!